- The Supervisory Board of the SEZ "Alabuga" approved new projects 27.12.2019
- Ambitious projects and international exchange of experience: Alabuga signed a memorandum with the Foshan City Department of Commerce 17.12.2019
- Mustafa Varank: Alabuga creates good conditions for Turkish companies 16.12.2019
- Alabuga in China: Results of a Business Mission 16.12.2019
- Alabuga SEZ received 3 nominations in the world ranking 10.10.2019
- Transneft Opens Plant Manufacturing Drag Reducing Agents in Alabuga SEZ 21.09.2019
- «Alabuga» began to prepare engineering personnel for its residents 12.09.2019
- The Supervisory Board of the SEZ “Alabuga” approved new projects for 16.37 billion rubles 17.07.2019
- BOERNER innovative construction chemistry plant worth 650 million rubles opened in the SEZ “Alabuga” 17.07.2019
- Denis Manturov: with the help of SEZ, IP and ADT we can create a regime of maximum favor 09.07.2019
- The Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation: SEZ “Alabuga” is 100% effective 04.07.2019
- A plant for the production of plant protection products worth 4.5 billion rubles is launched in the SEZ “Alabuga” 26.06.2019
- Alabuga signed a cooperation agreement with NEO Center at SPIEF 07.06.2019
- SEZ “Alabuga” is on the first place in the rating of Expert among greenfield parks of the Russian Federation 06.06.2019
- Rustam Minnikhanov: Tatarstan and Turkey have enough opportunities to develop business ties 16.05.2019
- Tatarstan is media leader of import substitution in April 14.05.2019
- “Alabuga” is the best site for investment among all SEZ and ADT in Russia 26.04.2019
- The semifinal of the "Manage!" cup for the best students of the Volga region took place in “Alabuga” 19.04.2019
- The President of the Russian Federation appreciated “Alabuga’s” contribution to the development of Russian-Turkish relations 08.04.2019
- In general, I am satisfied with the trip. Didn’t believe it until passed myself 22.03.2019
- “Alabuga” together with the Elabuga Institute of KFU will prepare modern personnel for the SEZ residents 22.03.2019
- Timur Shagivaleev Announces Alabuga SEZ's plans for 2019 during TIDA's Final Panel 18.01.2019
- Alabuga SEZ Attracts RUB 13.9 bln in Investments in 2018 28.12.2018
- Business Delegation from Poland Visited Alabuga 26.11.2018
- Alabuga tops the rating of the most investment-attractive special economic zones of Russia 22.11.2018
- Presidential Plenipotentiary Envoy to the Volga Federal District Visits Alabuga 13.11.2018
- BASF Will Consider Alabuga to Localize Its Production in Russia 31.10.2018
- Projects to digitize Yelabuga's water services and electric network to be presented at the Smart City Russian-wide Forum 25.10.2018
- Huhtamäki to expand production in Alabuga SEZ and switch to paper from plastic in catering 17.10.2018
- Alabuga SEZ once again included in world rating of special economic zones 08.10.2018
Alabuga tops the rating of the most investment-attractive special economic zones of Russia
The Association of Clusters and Technology Parks of Russia summarized the results of the 2nd National Investment Attractiveness Rating of Russian special economic zones. Among 16 special economic zones from 13 regions, Alabuga, accounting for 39% of actual investments of all Russian special economic zones, is recognized the best.
In 2018, the rating covered 16 special economic zones from 13 regions of Russia. Experts assessed 9 special economic zones of industrial production type, 6 technology development zones, and one port economic zone — Ulyanovsk. The purpose of the rating is to promote competition for investments among special economic zones and to disseminate the best SEZ management practices.
Alabuga, the special economic zone in the Republic of Tatarstan, was ranked the first. It improved its position as compared to 2017 by one line. Alabuga is regularly ranked in leading global investment ratings — for three times the fDi Magazine (The Financial Times) recognized it the best European platform for major projects. The Ministry of Economic Development of Russia also ranked Alabuga among the top three Russian special economic zones. Alabuga accounts for 50% of proceeds and 39% of actual investments by residents among 24 special economic zones of Russia. To date, 30 companies have been established in this zone, and its residents have invested 121.4 billion rubles.
Timur Shagivaleyev, General Director of Alabuga: "Today, Alabuga has a world-class infrastructure that attracts major investors. Foreign companies account for 80% of 3 billion dollars of investments made by the residents of this special economic zone. Alabuga residents have access to all key logistic channels. It is its developed infrastructure that is of the highest interest to potential Alabuga residents ensuring its global recognition."
The ranking procedure takes into account the experience of over 25 leading domestic and international ratings of investment attractiveness, competitiveness, ease of doing business, and other mechanisms of investment climate assessment. The procedure was developed with regard to such ratings as: Global Free Zones of the Year (Foreign Direct Investment Intelligence (FDI)); Doing Business (The World Bank); The Global Competitiveness Indeх (The World Bank); National Rating of Investment Climate in the Federal Subjects of Russia (Agency for Strategic Initiatives), etc.
The ranking procedure involves a complex assessment of the investment attractiveness of the Russian special economic zones, as well as the favorable conditions for Russian and foreign investors using 27 individual indicators divided into 6 groups: investment attractiveness of the Russian region; favorable conditions for business activities in the special economic zone, availability of SEZ infrastructure; land resources; investment activity of residents; transparency of the SEZ website.
"In Russia, special economic zones became one of the most efficient tools to support business that help to reduce the costs for the implementation of investment projects. One of the main advantages of special economic zones for investors is their absolutely new, modern utility and transport infrastructure enabling them to substantially speed up the implementation of investment projects. Special economic zones should become growth drivers for various Russian industries and will contribute to the achievement of goals set by the Decree of the Russian President of May 7, 2018, No. 204, On the national goals and strategic objectives of the development of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2024," said Andrey Shpilenko, Director of the Association of Clusters and Technology Parks.
"Today, the formation and development of special economic zones is considered one of the key tools for promoting economic development and raising investments. Currently, special economic zones are platforms having the appropriate infrastructure and intended for the implementation of investment projects in priority industries. In an environment of increasing global competition for investments, the Russian Government will continue on its course of further improvement of this tool for promoting the economic development of our country," said Vadim Zhivulin, Deputy Minister of Economic Development of the Russian Federation.