- Alabuga SEZ received 3 nominations in the world ranking 10.10.2019
- Transneft Opens Plant Manufacturing Drag Reducing Agents in Alabuga SEZ 21.09.2019
- «Alabuga» began to prepare engineering personnel for its residents 12.09.2019
- The Supervisory Board of the SEZ “Alabuga” approved new projects for 16.37 billion rubles 17.07.2019
- BOERNER innovative construction chemistry plant worth 650 million rubles opened in the SEZ “Alabuga” 17.07.2019
- Denis Manturov: with the help of SEZ, IP and ADT we can create a regime of maximum favor 09.07.2019
- The Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation: SEZ “Alabuga” is 100% effective 04.07.2019
- A plant for the production of plant protection products worth 4.5 billion rubles is launched in the SEZ “Alabuga” 26.06.2019
- Alabuga signed a cooperation agreement with NEO Center at SPIEF 07.06.2019
- SEZ “Alabuga” is on the first place in the rating of Expert among greenfield parks of the Russian Federation 06.06.2019
- Rustam Minnikhanov: Tatarstan and Turkey have enough opportunities to develop business ties 16.05.2019
- Tatarstan is media leader of import substitution in April 14.05.2019
- “Alabuga” is the best site for investment among all SEZ and ADT in Russia 26.04.2019
- The semifinal of the "Manage!" cup for the best students of the Volga region took place in “Alabuga” 19.04.2019
- The President of the Russian Federation appreciated “Alabuga’s” contribution to the development of Russian-Turkish relations 08.04.2019
- In general, I am satisfied with the trip. Didn’t believe it until passed myself 22.03.2019
- “Alabuga” together with the Elabuga Institute of KFU will prepare modern personnel for the SEZ residents 22.03.2019
- Timur Shagivaleev Announces Alabuga SEZ's plans for 2019 during TIDA's Final Panel 18.01.2019
- Alabuga SEZ Attracts RUB 13.9 bln in Investments in 2018 28.12.2018
- Business Delegation from Poland Visited Alabuga 26.11.2018
- Alabuga tops the rating of the most investment-attractive special economic zones of Russia 22.11.2018
- Presidential Plenipotentiary Envoy to the Volga Federal District Visits Alabuga 13.11.2018
- BASF Will Consider Alabuga to Localize Its Production in Russia 31.10.2018
- Projects to digitize Yelabuga's water services and electric network to be presented at the Smart City Russian-wide Forum 25.10.2018
- Huhtamäki to expand production in Alabuga SEZ and switch to paper from plastic in catering 17.10.2018
- Alabuga SEZ once again included in world rating of special economic zones 08.10.2018
- First production of Grodan substrates in Russia opens in Alabuga 02.10.2018
- Alabuga SEZ presents a joint enterprise business plan to Chinese TEDA 01.10.2018
- The SEZ «Alabuga» has launched 4 new enterprises of 1 bln RUB 22.08.2018
- «Alabuga» to present to Chinese investors a business plan on joint venture: the SEZ expects 45 resident-companies of 136 bln. RUB 25.06.2018
Transneft Opens Plant Manufacturing Drag Reducing Agents in Alabuga SEZ
Transneft has launched a plant for manufacturing drag reducing agents in the Alabuga Special Economic Zone (the Republic of Tatarstan).
President of Transneft Nikolay Tokarev, Prime Minister of the Republic of Tatarstan Aleksey Pesoshin, Deputy Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation Pavel Sorokin, Vice Presidents of Transneft Pavel Revel-Muroz and Aleksey Sapsay, General Director of Transneft Kama Region Robert Galiev, a professor of the department of organic chemistry of the MSU Ilya Nifantiev, Director of the Institute, doctor of chemistry, academician of IOS RAS (Institute of Organic Synthesis of the Russian Academy of Science) Valery Charushin took part in the opening ceremony of the plant.
On 18 August 2016, a project on creating a plant for manufacturing drag reducing agents in Russia for the needs of the oil transportation industry was approved at a meeting of the SEZ Supervisory Board. For its implementation, Transneft Synthesis was created as part of Transneft’s work in the field of import substitution.
The plant will produce up to 3 thousand tonnes of drag reducing agents per year, taking into account the possibility of increasing its capacity up to 10 thousand tonnes per year. This year, the Company plans to produce 600 tonnes of agents.
The production facilities of the plant will fully satisfy Transneft’s needs in drag reducing agents. In the future, Transneft Synthesis’ products can be offered for sale to both Russian oil companies that use them in upstream pipelines and to foreign companies.
Previously, Transneft used to import a drag reducing agent. The savings from own production thereof will amount to RUB 100 to 250 million, depending on the volume of DRA consumption in accordance with the planed oil and petroleum products flow.
Thus, Transneft and its subsidiaries continue expanding the line-up of products crucial to the industry, which are manufactured at the Company’s own plants, including within the import substitution programme.
Now 94% of the equipment and materials used by Transneft is produced in Russia, with the Company planning to increase the share to 97% by 2020.
The project was implemented jointly by Transneft Kama Region (51% share in the authorised capital) and the Russian company Nika PetroTech (49%).
Transneft is the largest pipeline company in the world and one of the largest infrastructure companies in the Russian Federation. The Company’s strategic objective is to develop and upgrade Russia’s trunk pipeline system in order to satisfy oil and petroleum products pipeline transportation demand on the domestic and foreign markets.
The Company and its subsidiaries operate 52,222 km of oil pipelines in the Russian Federation and an associated petroleum products pipeline system, located in the Russian Federation, the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of Kazakhstan, with a total length of 15,988 km. The oil transportation system includes more than 500 pumping stations.
Crude oil delivery in 2018 amounted to 479.8 million tonnes, the volume of delivered petroleum products amounted to 39.2 million tonnes.
The Russian Federation, represented by the Federal Agency for State Property Management, owns 100% of Transneft’s ordinary shares and controls it through the Board of Directors, which includes government representatives and independent directors.