- August-Alabuga plant received a license to operate hazardous facilities 03.08.2020
- 100 leaders: all-Russian selection of future managers of SEZ "Alabuga" 03.08.2020
- Tatarstan hospitals to receive 54 Ford Transit ambulances 30.07.2020
- Employees of the SEZ "Alabuga" studied the methods of effective management and communication 29.07.2020
- SEZ "Alabuga" will build facilities for the Haier plant in Russia 27.07.2020
- STEM-center - a quick start for future world-class engineers! 22.07.2020
- SEZ "Alabuga" has increased the reliability of water supply to the Yelabuga town 21.07.2020
- Joint work of Alabuga and EMR is the point of development of the region 21.07.2020
- Water treatment plant: 2 reservoirs ready for operation 16.07.2020
- Mikhail Mishustin held a meeting with members of the Government of the Russian Federation in the SEZ “Alabuga” 10.07.2020
- Vice-president of the Russian CCI visited the SEZ "Alabuga" 08.07.2020
- Ford Sollers will supply 200 buses to Tatarstan schools 25.06.2020
- Alabuga HR program approved by Russian Deputy Minister of Science and Higher Education 25.06.2020
- Prospects for the development of Rosatom in Alabuga were discussed at a meeting with the President of the Republic of Tatarstan 24.06.2020
- Material for Ansat helicopters is produced in the SEZ Alabuga 18.06.2020
- Water treatment plant: new reservoir tested 08.06.2020
- Reconstruction of district wastewater treatment plants: completion of stage 1 04.06.2020
- Huhtamaki helps fight the Coronavirus pandemic 20.05.2020
- Synergy 2: industrial park ready for operation 07.05.2020
- Polymatiz launched the production of 2.4 million medical masks 13.04.2020
- Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation: Alabuga has reached the goal by 100% 09.04.2020
- Rustam Minnikhanov: Alabuga is the best special zone in Russia 25.03.2020
- Ford Sollers announces localization increase 19.03.2020
- The Supervisory Board of the SEZ "Alabuga" approved new projects 27.12.2019
- Ambitious projects and international exchange of experience: Alabuga signed a memorandum with the Foshan City Department of Commerce 17.12.2019
- Mustafa Varank: Alabuga creates good conditions for Turkish companies 16.12.2019
- Alabuga in China: Results of a Business Mission 16.12.2019
- Alabuga SEZ received 3 nominations in the world ranking 10.10.2019
- Transneft Opens Plant Manufacturing Drag Reducing Agents in Alabuga SEZ 21.09.2019
- «Alabuga» began to prepare engineering personnel for its residents 12.09.2019
Transneft Opens Plant Manufacturing Drag Reducing Agents in Alabuga SEZ
Transneft has launched a plant for manufacturing drag reducing agents in the Alabuga Special Economic Zone (the Republic of Tatarstan).
President of Transneft Nikolay Tokarev, Prime Minister of the Republic of Tatarstan Aleksey Pesoshin, Deputy Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation Pavel Sorokin, Vice Presidents of Transneft Pavel Revel-Muroz and Aleksey Sapsay, General Director of Transneft Kama Region Robert Galiev, a professor of the department of organic chemistry of the MSU Ilya Nifantiev, Director of the Institute, doctor of chemistry, academician of IOS RAS (Institute of Organic Synthesis of the Russian Academy of Science) Valery Charushin took part in the opening ceremony of the plant.
On 18 August 2016, a project on creating a plant for manufacturing drag reducing agents in Russia for the needs of the oil transportation industry was approved at a meeting of the SEZ Supervisory Board. For its implementation, Transneft Synthesis was created as part of Transneft’s work in the field of import substitution.
The plant will produce up to 3 thousand tonnes of drag reducing agents per year, taking into account the possibility of increasing its capacity up to 10 thousand tonnes per year. This year, the Company plans to produce 600 tonnes of agents.
The production facilities of the plant will fully satisfy Transneft’s needs in drag reducing agents. In the future, Transneft Synthesis’ products can be offered for sale to both Russian oil companies that use them in upstream pipelines and to foreign companies.
Previously, Transneft used to import a drag reducing agent. The savings from own production thereof will amount to RUB 100 to 250 million, depending on the volume of DRA consumption in accordance with the planed oil and petroleum products flow.
Thus, Transneft and its subsidiaries continue expanding the line-up of products crucial to the industry, which are manufactured at the Company’s own plants, including within the import substitution programme.
Now 94% of the equipment and materials used by Transneft is produced in Russia, with the Company planning to increase the share to 97% by 2020.
The project was implemented jointly by Transneft Kama Region (51% share in the authorised capital) and the Russian company Nika PetroTech (49%).
Transneft is the largest pipeline company in the world and one of the largest infrastructure companies in the Russian Federation. The Company’s strategic objective is to develop and upgrade Russia’s trunk pipeline system in order to satisfy oil and petroleum products pipeline transportation demand on the domestic and foreign markets.
The Company and its subsidiaries operate 52,222 km of oil pipelines in the Russian Federation and an associated petroleum products pipeline system, located in the Russian Federation, the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of Kazakhstan, with a total length of 15,988 km. The oil transportation system includes more than 500 pumping stations.
Crude oil delivery in 2018 amounted to 479.8 million tonnes, the volume of delivered petroleum products amounted to 39.2 million tonnes.
The Russian Federation, represented by the Federal Agency for State Property Management, owns 100% of Transneft’s ordinary shares and controls it through the Board of Directors, which includes government representatives and independent directors.