- «Alabuga» began to prepare engineering personnel for its residents 12.09.2019
- The Supervisory Board of the SEZ “Alabuga” approved new projects for 16.37 billion rubles 17.07.2019
- BOERNER innovative construction chemistry plant worth 650 million rubles opened in the SEZ “Alabuga” 17.07.2019
- Denis Manturov: with the help of SEZ, IP and ADT we can create a regime of maximum favor 09.07.2019
- The Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation: SEZ “Alabuga” is 100% effective 04.07.2019
- A plant for the production of plant protection products worth 4.5 billion rubles is launched in the SEZ “Alabuga” 26.06.2019
- Alabuga signed a cooperation agreement with NEO Center at SPIEF 07.06.2019
- SEZ “Alabuga” is on the first place in the rating of Expert among greenfield parks of the Russian Federation 06.06.2019
- Rustam Minnikhanov: Tatarstan and Turkey have enough opportunities to develop business ties 16.05.2019
- Tatarstan is media leader of import substitution in April 14.05.2019
- “Alabuga” is the best site for investment among all SEZ and ADT in Russia 26.04.2019
- The semifinal of the "Manage!" cup for the best students of the Volga region took place in “Alabuga” 19.04.2019
- The President of the Russian Federation appreciated “Alabuga’s” contribution to the development of Russian-Turkish relations 08.04.2019
- In general, I am satisfied with the trip. Didn’t believe it until passed myself 22.03.2019
- “Alabuga” together with the Elabuga Institute of KFU will prepare modern personnel for the SEZ residents 22.03.2019
- Timur Shagivaleev Announces Alabuga SEZ's plans for 2019 during TIDA's Final Panel 18.01.2019
- Alabuga SEZ Attracts RUB 13.9 bln in Investments in 2018 28.12.2018
- Business Delegation from Poland Visited Alabuga 26.11.2018
- Alabuga tops the rating of the most investment-attractive special economic zones of Russia 22.11.2018
- Presidential Plenipotentiary Envoy to the Volga Federal District Visits Alabuga 13.11.2018
- BASF Will Consider Alabuga to Localize Its Production in Russia 31.10.2018
- Projects to digitize Yelabuga's water services and electric network to be presented at the Smart City Russian-wide Forum 25.10.2018
- Huhtamäki to expand production in Alabuga SEZ and switch to paper from plastic in catering 17.10.2018
- Alabuga SEZ once again included in world rating of special economic zones 08.10.2018
- First production of Grodan substrates in Russia opens in Alabuga 02.10.2018
- Alabuga SEZ presents a joint enterprise business plan to Chinese TEDA 01.10.2018
- The SEZ «Alabuga» has launched 4 new enterprises of 1 bln RUB 22.08.2018
- «Alabuga» to present to Chinese investors a business plan on joint venture: the SEZ expects 45 resident-companies of 136 bln. RUB 25.06.2018
- Ford Sollers plant in the "Alabuga" produced a 150-thousandth car 04.06.2018
- "August Alabuga" has received state support from the Industrial Development Fund 30.05.2018
The world-known diversified company 3M has commissioned the factory on the territory of the Special Economic Zone «Alabuga»
The world-known diversified company 3M has commissioned the factory on the territory of the Special Economic Zone “Alabuga”. The first production line of the company in the special economic zone “Alabuga” launched the President of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov and CEO “3M Russia” Robert Nichols.
The first line of the factory in “Alabuga” will annually produce up to 2.5 million liters of anti-corrosion coatings (epoxy and polyurethane) for pipelines. The main consumer of these products will be the “Gazprom”. The sum of investment in the factory amounts to 922 million rubles.
In the future the plant in “Alabuga” will be filled with other production lines — 3M produces 55 thousand kinds of products in 27 industries from energy and electronics to home goods, security and graphics around the world. The specific content of the enterprise, according to CEO “3M Russia” Robert Nichols, will depend on market demand and economic feasibility. With regard to the volume of investments, for comparison, the total amount of investments in the now-completed production of the first factory of 3M in Russia — Volokolamsk — amounted to $ 43 million in a half times less space than factory in “Alabuga”.
Rustam Minnikhanov thanked the investor for choosing “Alabuga” as a platform for construction of the plant. “3M Company is a leading global company. And we are honored that the company has chosen SEZ ‘Alabuga’ for the project.
‘Today we are talking about import substitution, and the new product is very necessary and in demand’, — the president of Tatarstan said.
‘In the future we will work on localization, expansion of product range, — the general director of’ 3M Russia” Robert Nichols said, speaking at the opening ceremony. — Russia is an important market-oriented in the future. And we want to grow with it“.
Nichols stated that “Alabuga” was chosen as a placement both because of the presence of customers, and because of the support of the government of Tatarstan.
While talking to the media, Rustam Minnikhanov said that the territory of the special economic zone “Alabuga” are successfully functioning 45 residents, a number of projects is still in development. Western sanctions create some difficulties, admitted Rustam Minnikhanov, but many American and Turkish companies have retained interest in the Russian market.
“Business understands that today we have to go to Russia not with a finished product, we have to make it here. This will be cheaper and more convenient. We, in turn, create a favorable climate, favorable tax treatment, preparing professionals — all this is the basis for our Western partners opened here its production ”, — the president of Tatarstan said.