- Huhtamaki helps fight the Coronavirus pandemic 20.05.2020
- Synergy 2: industrial park ready for operation 12.05.2020
- Polymatiz launched the production of 2.4 million medical masks 27.04.2020
- Rustam Minnikhanov: Alabuga is the best special zone in Russia 27.04.2020
- Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation: Alabuga has reached the goal by 100% 27.04.2020
- Ford Sollers announces localization increase 28.02.2020
- The Supervisory Board of the SEZ "Alabuga" approved new projects 27.12.2019
- Ambitious projects and international exchange of experience: Alabuga signed a memorandum with the Foshan City Department of Commerce 17.12.2019
- Mustafa Varank: Alabuga creates good conditions for Turkish companies 16.12.2019
- Alabuga in China: Results of a Business Mission 16.12.2019
- Alabuga SEZ received 3 nominations in the world ranking 10.10.2019
- Transneft Opens Plant Manufacturing Drag Reducing Agents in Alabuga SEZ 21.09.2019
- «Alabuga» began to prepare engineering personnel for its residents 12.09.2019
- The Supervisory Board of the SEZ “Alabuga” approved new projects for 16.37 billion rubles 17.07.2019
- BOERNER innovative construction chemistry plant worth 650 million rubles opened in the SEZ “Alabuga” 17.07.2019
- Denis Manturov: with the help of SEZ, IP and ADT we can create a regime of maximum favor 09.07.2019
- The Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation: SEZ “Alabuga” is 100% effective 04.07.2019
- A plant for the production of plant protection products worth 4.5 billion rubles is launched in the SEZ “Alabuga” 26.06.2019
- Alabuga signed a cooperation agreement with NEO Center at SPIEF 07.06.2019
- SEZ “Alabuga” is on the first place in the rating of Expert among greenfield parks of the Russian Federation 06.06.2019
- Rustam Minnikhanov: Tatarstan and Turkey have enough opportunities to develop business ties 16.05.2019
- Tatarstan is media leader of import substitution in April 14.05.2019
- “Alabuga” is the best site for investment among all SEZ and ADT in Russia 26.04.2019
- The semifinal of the "Manage!" cup for the best students of the Volga region took place in “Alabuga” 19.04.2019
- The President of the Russian Federation appreciated “Alabuga’s” contribution to the development of Russian-Turkish relations 08.04.2019
- In general, I am satisfied with the trip. Didn’t believe it until passed myself 22.03.2019
- “Alabuga” together with the Elabuga Institute of KFU will prepare modern personnel for the SEZ residents 22.03.2019
- Timur Shagivaleev Announces Alabuga SEZ's plans for 2019 during TIDA's Final Panel 18.01.2019
- Alabuga SEZ Attracts RUB 13.9 bln in Investments in 2018 28.12.2018
- Business Delegation from Poland Visited Alabuga 26.11.2018
Alabuga SEZ received 3 nominations in the world ranking
The Alabuga Special Economic Zone was included into Global Free Zones of the Year rating for the fifth time. This rating was established by fDi Intelligence magazine, part of the Financial Times Group. Alabuga SEZ is nominated in the «Crossborder collaboration», «Academic collaboration» and «Skills development» for this year.
Foreign Direct Investment Intelligence magazine published the list of the world's best economic zones. The most successful platforms for industrial projects were identified based on various metrics, such as number of residents and growth dynamics, the amount of jobs created, as well as evaluations and expert commentary by fDi Intelligence's judging committee.
Alabuga was included in the global rating of special economic zones under the «Crossborder cooperation». The rating's authors gave high praise to the SEZ’s joint partnership project with TEDA, one of the largest special economic zones in China. Negotiations began for the first time in 2016, and in 2018 the business plan of the joint project was presented to the TEDA leadership during the visit of Tatarstan President Rustam Minnikhanov.
For the first time in 5 years, the rating marked the Alabuga’s work of staff training with the awards «Academic Cooperation» and «Skills Development».
In 2018, the first 100 specialists graduated from Alabuga Corporate University, the education project launched by Special Economic Zone Production and Industrial Type Alabuga in 2016 to help find the zone’s most ambitious executives. This year’s group was the fourth to graduate from the university, and since the first class, 70% of graduates have received employment offers. In April 2019, the Agency for Strategic Initiatives named Alabuga Corporate University among the top three HR development projects in Russia.
In 2018, Russia’s Special Economic Zone Production and Industrial Type Alabuga launched a training project for manufacturing industry workers in Tatarstan. Research showed that the four most in-demand professions at local factories were mechatronics, automation of management systems, energetics, and chemistry. The zone then decided to implement educational programs for these professions at Yelabuga's engineering college. The team also launched the 100 Executives program, as part of which SEZ experts visited 23 Russian universities and held intensive courses for soft skills and leadership skills enhancement. Participants with the highest results were offered internships in the zone.
«The high level of competition requires constant development. We need to increase our effectiveness. Being included in the world rating for the fifth time in a row is the highest praise of our work,» Alabuga SEZ CEO Timur Shagivaleev emphasized.
Alabuga SEZ has operated since 2006 and is the largest industrial production special economic zone in Russia. It brings 50% of all revenue from Russian economic zones. Its list of residents includes leading international companies, including Ford Sollers, 3M, Rockwool, Armstrong, Hyatt, and more.
In previous years, Alabuga SEZ was granted the title «The Best SEZ in Europe for Large Tenants» in 2015, 2016, and 2017, «New investments» - in 2018.