- «Alabuga» began to prepare engineering personnel for its residents 12.09.2019
- The Supervisory Board of the SEZ “Alabuga” approved new projects for 16.37 billion rubles 17.07.2019
- BOERNER innovative construction chemistry plant worth 650 million rubles opened in the SEZ “Alabuga” 17.07.2019
- Denis Manturov: with the help of SEZ, IP and ADT we can create a regime of maximum favor 09.07.2019
- The Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation: SEZ “Alabuga” is 100% effective 04.07.2019
- A plant for the production of plant protection products worth 4.5 billion rubles is launched in the SEZ “Alabuga” 26.06.2019
- Alabuga signed a cooperation agreement with NEO Center at SPIEF 07.06.2019
- SEZ “Alabuga” is on the first place in the rating of Expert among greenfield parks of the Russian Federation 06.06.2019
- Rustam Minnikhanov: Tatarstan and Turkey have enough opportunities to develop business ties 16.05.2019
- Tatarstan is media leader of import substitution in April 14.05.2019
- “Alabuga” is the best site for investment among all SEZ and ADT in Russia 26.04.2019
- The semifinal of the "Manage!" cup for the best students of the Volga region took place in “Alabuga” 19.04.2019
- The President of the Russian Federation appreciated “Alabuga’s” contribution to the development of Russian-Turkish relations 08.04.2019
- In general, I am satisfied with the trip. Didn’t believe it until passed myself 22.03.2019
- “Alabuga” together with the Elabuga Institute of KFU will prepare modern personnel for the SEZ residents 22.03.2019
- Timur Shagivaleev Announces Alabuga SEZ's plans for 2019 during TIDA's Final Panel 18.01.2019
- Alabuga SEZ Attracts RUB 13.9 bln in Investments in 2018 28.12.2018
- Business Delegation from Poland Visited Alabuga 26.11.2018
- Alabuga tops the rating of the most investment-attractive special economic zones of Russia 22.11.2018
- Presidential Plenipotentiary Envoy to the Volga Federal District Visits Alabuga 13.11.2018
- BASF Will Consider Alabuga to Localize Its Production in Russia 31.10.2018
- Projects to digitize Yelabuga's water services and electric network to be presented at the Smart City Russian-wide Forum 25.10.2018
- Huhtamäki to expand production in Alabuga SEZ and switch to paper from plastic in catering 17.10.2018
- Alabuga SEZ once again included in world rating of special economic zones 08.10.2018
- First production of Grodan substrates in Russia opens in Alabuga 02.10.2018
- Alabuga SEZ presents a joint enterprise business plan to Chinese TEDA 01.10.2018
- The SEZ «Alabuga» has launched 4 new enterprises of 1 bln RUB 22.08.2018
- «Alabuga» to present to Chinese investors a business plan on joint venture: the SEZ expects 45 resident-companies of 136 bln. RUB 25.06.2018
- Ford Sollers plant in the "Alabuga" produced a 150-thousandth car 04.06.2018
- "August Alabuga" has received state support from the Industrial Development Fund 30.05.2018
Alabuga SEZ once again included in world rating of special economic zones
The Alabuga Special Economic Zone was included into Global Free Zones of the Year rating for the fourth time. This rating was established by fDi Intelligence magazine, part of the Financial Times Group. Alabuga SEZ is listed in the "New Investments" category for implementing the new Rockwool production line for plant substrates.
Foreign Direct Investment Intelligence magazine published the list of the world's best economic zones. The most successful platforms for industrial projects were identified based on various metrics, such as number of residents and growth dynamics, the amount of jobs created, as well as evaluations and expert commentary by fDi Intelligence's judging committee.
"The high level of competition requires constant development. We need to increase our effectiveness. Being included in the world rating for the fourth time in a row is the highest praise of our work," Alabuga SEZ CEO Timur Shagivaleev emphasized.
Alabuga was included in the global rating of special economic zones under the "New Investments" category. The rating's authors gave high praise to the SEZ's new joint project with Danish company Rockwool: the current Alabuga resident expanded production and opened a new line for crop farming substrates from rock wool under its Grodan brand. Rockwool invested more than USD 10 million into this new production.
Apart from Alabuga, the following Russian special economic zones were mentioned in 2018's world ratings: Saint Petersburg, Lipetsk, Dubna, Tolyatti, Titanovaya Dolina and Stupino Kvadrat. The top spot on the rating once again went to DMCC SEZ in Dubai, which provides its investors with both industrial infrastructure and unique office space in one of the most developed megapolises of the Middle East.
Alabuga SEZ has operated since 2006 and is the largest industrial production special economic zone in Russia. It brings 50% of all revenue from Russian economic zones. Its list of residents includes leading international companies, including Ford Sollers, 3M, Rockwool, Armstrong, Hyatt, and more.
In previous years, Alabuga SEZ was granted the title "The Best SEZ in Europe for Large Tenants" in 2015, 2016, and 2017.Share