- Alabuga creates the largest industrial park "Ethylene-600". The volume of investments is worth 1.3 trillion rubles 16.11.2022
- Alabuga implements large high-tech investment projects 16.11.2022
- Alabuga shared best practices of infrastructure development with a delegation from the Republic of Belarus 29.06.2022
- The Turkish delegation studied the experience of the best SEZ in Russia «Alabuga» 22.06.2022
- «Alabuga is the best team in the country. Alabuga is Rustam Minnikhanov» - Governor of the Novgorod Region Andrey Nikitin in an interview with RT Russia 11.06.2022
- The Aurus plant in SEZ No. 1 «Alabuga» turned 1 year old 31.05.2022
- The President of the Republic of Tatarstan: «Alabuga Polytech» is a unique and very ambitious project that really shows very high results. There is simply no such thing in the country» 26.05.2022
- Russian entrepreneurs study the business of the regions: The best SEZ «Alabuga» was visited by a delegation of MBA students 24.05.2022
- Schoolchildren of the Republic of Tatarstan tried themselves as directors of the company. How was the largest Entrepreneurship Olympiad held? 16.05.2022
- The most energy efficient: the resident of Alabuga Kastamonu received an award from the Government of Tatarstan 21.04.2022
- The resident of Alabuga «Kastamonu» produced 100 million square meters of laminate for the Russian market 05.04.2022
- The resident of «Alabuga» Kastamonu will once again act as a partner of «Earth Hour» in Russia 24.03.2022
- «This is how a modern college should look like» - Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation about «Alabuga Polytech» 21.02.2022
- The Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation will consider proposals to expand SEZ «Alabuga» for petrochemicals 20.02.2022
- The Supervisory Board of SEZ «Alabuga» approved additional investments in the amount of 30 billion rubles 18.02.2022
- The Board of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Republic of Tatarstan was held in the center of Industry 4.0 18.02.2022
- The President of the Republic of Tatarstan and the Chairman of the Management Board of PJSC «SIBUR Holding» highly appreciated the advanced educational practices of «Alabuga Polytech» 02.02.2022
- Alabuga has successfully implemented a large-scale project for the Chinese company HAIER 14.01.2022
- Sales of a resident of Alabuga "Sollers Ford" break records 12.01.2022
- President of the Republic of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov urged everyone to personally visit "Alabuga Polytech" 28.12.2021
- Resident of "Alabuga" Kastamonu received a diploma of the contest "100 best goods of Russia" 17.12.2021
- "Alabuga" is consistently in 1st place - the results of the Russian SEZ rating are announced 16.12.2021
- The Security Council of the Republic of Tatarstan supported the breakthrough plan of "Alabuga" for personnel development 15.12.2021
- The Minister of Education of the Russian Federation positively assessed the proposals of Alabuga in the field of vocational education 07.12.2021
- EDB and SEZ "Alabuga" signed a partnership agreement on financing up to 36 billion rubles for new sites in Alabuga 02.12.2021
- The resident of "Alabuga" put Yandex.Drive more than 2000 Ford Transit vans 02.12.2021
- Alabuga welcomes a new resident - the "Sollers Ford" Engine Plant 25.11.2021
- The President of the Russian Federation congratulated the participants of the construction of the plant in SEZ "Alabuga" 23.11.2021
- A plant of strategic importance for the country has opened in the most efficient SEZ "Alabuga" 22.11.2021
- The Supervisory Board of the SEZ "Alabuga" approved financing for 200 billion rubles over 5 years 22.11.2021
Huhtamaki helps fight the Coronavirus pandemic
Huhtamaki helps fight the Coronavirus pandemic by expanding its manufacture of protective face shields (PFS). Ramping up to produce 8 million shields per week in June, for health care workers and other close contact occupations.
Huhtamaki, the global leader in sustainable food on-the-go and food on-the-shelf packaging solutions, is expanding the production of its CE marked high-quality protective face shields for health care workers and others that need increased hygiene and safety protection.
This is on the back of its recent scaling up of the industrial manufacture of protective face shields (PFS) at its folded carton unit in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Initially this was the result of a partnership with a local partner, seeking to alleviate the severe shortage of personal protective equipment for local health care workers fighting COVID-19. Huhtamaki is now leveraging its know-how and planning to ramp up the production of this essential personal protective equipment through production at five additional locations in Europe.
Huhtamaki is committed to protecting people, food and the planet, and is proud to be able to leverage its core capabilities to make a difference where it matters most. To manufacture the PFS’s the company is repurposing its folding carton packaging machinery to precision-cut optically clear and lightweight visors. For extra comfort and to ensure a close fit for increased safety for all head sizes, the visors are then combined with a padded adjustable strap. For hygiene and safety reasons the protective face shields are a single use product. The visor is made of PET that can be recycled and Huhtamaki is looking into making the face shields 100% recyclable in the future. At medical facilities however, once used the face shields are treated as medical waste.
The protective face shields are for frontline and essential workers including care-home workers as well as retail, pharmacy and home care staff. They can also be used for other close contact occupations. The shields are CE marked and conform to PPE Category I in Regulation (EU) 2016/425 on personal protective equipment, providing a high level of protection for the eyes and face from liquid splashes and droplets. The shield design allows for prescription eyewear and medical masks to be comfortably worn underneath.
“In addition to helping front-line health care workers fight the pandemic by doing what we can to ensure they have the protective equipment they need, we also want to help the society to recover. With the protective face shields, we can help people in close contact occupations return to work safely,” says Eric Le Lay, President for Huhtamaki Fiber and Foodservice Europe-Asia-Oceania. “The face shields are also ideal for the foodservice industry, personal care, retail as well as manufacturing operations – anywhere people work in close contact with each other,“ he continues.
In addition to Belfast, Northern Ireland, Huhtamaki will begin to produce the protective face shields in Blackburn, the UK; Gliwice and Czeladz, Poland; Ivanteevka, Russia and Ennis, Ireland operations. The Belfast operation is already producing four million face shields per week for the national healthcare system in the UK. With the additional manufacturing units, the total number of shields Huhtamaki is able to produce per week is expected to increase to approximately eight million shields per week, by end of June. Commercial deliveries outside the UK are expected to start during May.
Huhtamaki is a key global player in sustainable food on-the-go and food on-the-shelf packaging solutions. Our innovative products help billions of consumers around the world make responsible lifestyle choices every day. Today, packaging plays a significant role in food safety and convenience. We are committed to making packaging more circular and we embed sustainability in everything we do. We are focused on achieving carbon neutral production and having all our products designed to be recyclable, compostable or reusable by 2030.
With 100 years of history and a strong Nordic heritage we operate in 35 countries and 81 sites around the world. Our 19,000 employees are working to deliver smart next generation packaging. Our 2019 net sales totaled EUR 3.4 billion. Huhtamaki Group has its head office in Espoo, Finland and the parent company Huhtamäki Oyj is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd.
Source: Huhtamäki Oyj official press release